A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, March 06, 2006

Product Review: Merino Kind

Stats:

Yarn name: Merino Kind
Weight: DK
Manufacture: Ornaghi Filati
Size: Bulky: 137 yds/50 gm (1 oz) ball
Fibers: 100% wool
MSRP: $9.00 per ball

This is a very luscious, yet crisp, crepe textured merino that takes color vibrantly and is so, soo soft. It has just the right amount of stretch to spring. It is more expensive than I would pick for a whole sweater, but there are others not on such a tight budget, so I can tell you that the stitch definition such a yarn produces would be wonderful for a spring lace sweater or a cabled, snug-fitting vintage cardigan. The link for color samples of this yarn offers a better price when buying a whole bag, if you decide to make a sweater.

This is the larger weight of the two yarns I picked to make my Mrs. Beetons - see photo below, and the pretty plum purple I chose is a favorite, very Victorian and girly. If I could wear wool next to my skin, I would probably plunge in and make a whole sweater!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home