A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nature At Her Fingertips

I was excited to open the package from my Dye-O-Rama pal, Bev, but even more awestruck to pull out this incredible yarn:


Vinca Minor, the yarn, next to Vinca Major, the plant

Bev says "I used dyes from Aljo. They were silk/wool acide dyes and green came from "Topaz Yellow" with "Turquoise"; purple from "Maroon" and "Midnight Blue", and the blue from "Midnight Blue" and "Turquoise". I cannot believe that Bev is a dyeing novice!

This yarn is from Socks That Fit, and I am hoping that is what it will turn into over the summer!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

That's gorgeous yarn! Cant' wait to see what it looks like when you knit it!

Have aa great time at Estes this weekend. I can't make it this year. Hopefully next year.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very lovely yarn!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I agree that birthdays should be as drawn out as possible!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Yarn! It is such a small world. I "watched" Bev create this yarn on her blog obviously with no idea of it's destination. I love that! What a surprise finding out that you were the recipient.

Enjoy it! :-)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Yep, I'm drooling!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wow! That's such pretty yarn...I know you'll enjoy knitting it up!
Have a blast this weekend!!!
((hugs))

7:48 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

GORGEOUS YARN!

Love the Lake Taho Pics...some day I'll get there!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home