A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Silver Lake Yesterday, Home Today

Ahh, the wonders of air travel... I was able to spend a long weekend in Salt Lake City and driving to and from the Estes Park Wool Market, yet still be back at work at the clinic in Downieville today. I will be posting about our adventurous trip to and from the Wool Market, and the many bloggers we met along the way tomorrow, and filling you in on my new purchases and projects the next day, as I was very tired, have a mountain of dirty clothes (you think I had all the laundry done before I left?!), and still have many photos to process.

Here's a little teaser, though:


Table still life at the famous resort where I breakfasted with Carole and Margene yesterday morning.


In case you were dying to know, the seared trout breakfast at the Silver Lake Lodge is fabulous, and served on pretty china in a rustic lodge setting that can't be beat. I had to add Chalupa salsa to my eggs, though.


After our lovely breakfast, we spent a bit of time on the deck admiring the violet-green swallows and a prairie dog rolling in the grass (luxuriating, really, and you would too after the long winter up there), as well as took some photos that will appear elsewhere throughout the week, then drove the short distance up the hill to meet Silver Lake, a regular guest on Margene's blog. We took the mile-long path around the lake, admiring spring at 10,000 feet.


The lake from another point along the trail.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That breakfast does look good! Looks like it was a gorgeous time to be up there!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh my, that is beautiful! (The lake, not the food. Oh well, the food is beautiful too!). Sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to hear more.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! I really *must* get myself to Utah one of these days. I can't believe I have lived so close for 7 years and haven't made it there yet.

It was great getting to meet you and visit with you this weekend!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Silver Fork Lodge. I actually had a dream about the pancakes once.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more! Have a good re-entry. ; )

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't flying surreal? Sometimes I fly to visit a friend in Ohio (1 hour flight for me)and I can't function for a couple of hours after I land. He always jokes that we are waiting for my soul to catch up :-)

Lovely pictures and I am looking forward to seeing more.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home