A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Questionnaire for Knit Sock Kit Swap

I sent off a welcoming message to the pal assigned to me, and then noticed that she was really on top of things and had already posted these answers ..... here's mine:


What are your favorite colors?
Green, purple and blue.

Are you a new sock knitter?
No

How long have you been knitting socks?
made my first pair 30 years ago, but inconsistent; intermediate sock knitter

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
No preference

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
Wool

Where do you usually knit socks?
On the go

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
I currently use two small bags that zip closed

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
Top down and intuitive enough not to have to read the pattern all the time.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
Using two circs.

What new techniques would you like to try?
I just switched to two circs and am totally happy with it.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
Circs

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Unique yarns from small growers and dyers
Sport weight is ok too, as I hike a lot and its cold here in winter

What yarn do you totally covet?

I just discovered Plain and Fancy Wool at Estes and totally loved it, but I am very easily pleased.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Miriam's Eleanora sock, but I knit much looser than most people and would have to use very tiny needles for that.


Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I am partial to Addi Turbos but also like bamboo

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Alpaca from a remote mountain village

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Chocolate!

What’s your favorite animal?
I love burros and dogs, but cats are pretty cool too...

Do you have pets?
Yes

What are their species/names/ages?
I have five burros: Assteroid (2), April (5), Rose (10), Rita (24), and Louise (27) - yup, they are very long-lived animals! I am searching for one or two dogs to adopt.

If you were a color, what color would you be?

The pale bright green of new leaves in spring.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).
stumped here

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
The mountains.

Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read.
"In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir which I love so much that I keep it at the top of my blog.

Do you have a wishlist?
No.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay - you're doing this, too! I also want to make the Eleanora sock. I'm kind of hoping my sock pal will have noticed that in my questionnaire!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home