A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Wednesday, December 22, 2004

More knitting

With the earflap hats behind me, I went on to new knitting vistas last night, starting a yoga mat bag from Stitch and Bitch Nation. I worked on it while getting the oil changed and the Jeep lubed this afternoon, but also picked up a ball of Fabu in light purple to make my friend Suzi a scarf for Christmas, which is about half-done this evening. I also stopped by the Nevada City LYS and picked up a skein of Crystal Palace Waikiki, a light brown rayon/cottom that looks hand-painted, to combine with another neutral I have had hanging around for years (thrift store find too small to do much with, in oatmeal wool with a strand of gold metallic) as my first attempt at Ginger Luters' modules. I want to make a small scarf experimenting with her triangular motifs and see how I take to the method before trying anything grander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home