A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Meme Challenge

I have not seen this meme floating around blogland, so I am tossing it out there to see what responses come up. I have challenged four people, listed at the bottom, who I know enjoy writing, in hopes that they will feel inspired and pass it along.

This is a poetry form, using the letters of your name ... you will pick a word or phrase that starts with that letter and also describes a quality about yourself. Have fun with this, and we will all learn new things about each other.

My name poem:

B eauty of the mountains surrounds me
I ntending to live an authentic life
R eady for fun
D evoted to my friends and family
S lowly drifting down river trails with a burro or two
O utdoors every day in all weather
N urture a few good works of art each year
G reat mother

I am tagging Margene, Lynette, Sallee and Carole with this one...

4 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Very nice!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Creative juices are starting to flow, hope to have something worthy to blog in the next couple of days.

I love the line, "Intending to live an authentic life". That sums up so much of the Birdsong we've come to know through this journal.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

There can be no doubt of the "Great mother" part! (((hugs)))
Thank you for the friendship across the miles, if we could only narrow the distance...

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, what a fun meme! Did it twice.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home