A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, April 24, 2006

We Have A Winner and A Little Zen

It's very late, as I had to work, go 46 miles to my interview, then 46 miles back to Downieville for a meeting and knitting night, and finally I am home, where the lovely random number generator that Margene directed me to has picked a winner for the colorful sock yarn prize in my 300th post contest.

Drumroll please! And the winner is.... Imbrium! Check out her recent post about being marooned on Sleeve Island, and give a word of encouragement. Thanks to everyone who entered; I didn't even realize that many people read my blog!

Deni pointed out that my email address on one of my Destash items wasn't working; went and fixed that. Maybe I am trying to do too much? once again? That was the trait about myself I revealed as one of my weaknesses in my interview for the GED teaching position this afternoon. I won't know for a day or so if I got the job, but the questions were interesting, and even more insightful was realizing on the drive back to Downieville that it would be wonderful either way. A wonderful opportunity to use my teaching skills to help others if I got the chance and a wonderful way to continue to have time to blog about knitting and the Eat Local Challenge, and work with my animals if I didn't. I think this might be as close as I will ever get to zen principles in action in my life - a truly magic moment for me.

Knitting night was great fun, with Stephanie and Linda working on socks, and Earlene trying to knit a baby blanket with the assistance of Linda's tortoiseshell cat, Missy. Missy has decided that we are all really cool, and that it is especially fun to find a willing lap, get comfortable, and then attempt to chew on the yarn as it passes by. Good thing she is pretty!

Linda and I will get the lamb meat that we ordered from our sheep/wool raising friends, the Harveys, tomorrow, and Linda will even get a preview of the lovely wool that Anna has had spun up when she visits the upcoming quilt show in Portola this weekend, where Anna will have a booth featuring her wool quilt batting and her yarn. If summer ever gets here, we will have a needle-felting class at the farm to look forward to, set for June 8th. If you are anywhere near, and want to know more, give me a shout.

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Can't say that I am not a little bit disappointed that I didn't win but congratulations to Imbrium and esp congratulations to Kate on her birthday and you, Birdsong, on your 300th post.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Thank you so much, Birdsong! Squee!

And yes, I will indeed be at Estes Park, if you want to save on postage. I mean really, with the endless sleeves for my dad's freakishly long arms, I don't see that I'll ever be able to knit anything else ever again. But then...that yarn is so pretty, I may just want to put it in a bowl and look at it, anyway.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home