A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Saturday, August 12, 2006


Here is my Saturday Sky, also featuring one of my gladioli in bloom right now, giving me great joy each time I catch a glimpse. Such a noble flower, heralding the height of summer for us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE gladioli! Gorgeous sky.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Beautiful...Beautiful...Beautiful!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

nice clear blue! Looks like a good time was had at the fair too!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Gladioli - long gone this year! Beautiful Saturday sky - from mine to yours!
Have moved blog to
http://cathyknits.typepad.com

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Beautiful sky!

I am upi to makeing as many markers as you need! Drop me an email

knitwit_momma AT comcast DOT net

10:12 PM  
Blogger Abigale said...

Good idea on getting the gladiolas in... There are just so many days where it's nothing but blue! Which is very nice, but doesn't make for very interesting pictures ;-)

Wish I could have made it over to the Nevada County Fair - looks like you had a great time of it. Still thinking about trying to get to the Yolo Mills do though.

Have fun!

Abi

8:07 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

The glads look so majestic in this photo--almost as tall as the pines.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home