A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Friday, August 04, 2006

Things you may not have known about me.....

Thanks, everyone, for ideas for finishing the Lily of the Valley (and all the kind compliments - I love her too). I will be knitting on an edging pattern that Sara got from a class she took with Jean Schrouder, but probably not until Monday, since I will be helping DD and DES (as in eldest- I knew you were wondering) move to their new apartment over the weekend - I am providing the truck but they have to provide the muscles (and the pizza and beer, Kat suggests - oh, and she has great Eye Candy up today).

This has been floating around Blogland for a bit, and usually I just plain resist. However, my dear, blogless friend Danna emailed it to me and I really enjoyed the new things I learned about her, even though we have been friends for over a decade, which prompted me to post it here. If you haven't done this yet, think about letting all of us know a bit more about YOU! Have a great weekend.

A) Four jobs I have had:

1. Nurse
2. Goat milker
3. Childbirth educator
4. Teacher in both preschool and high school


B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. A Christmas Story ("you'll shoot your eye out")
3. Milagro Bean Field War
4. Paint Your Wagon

C) Four places I have lived:
1. Ashland, OR
2. Lake Tahoe
3. Menlo Park, CA
4. Forest City, CA

D) Four TV shows I enjoy watching:
1. Deadwood
2. Mosaic (on Link TV)
3. Cast Iron Cooking (on RFDTV)
4. Trading Spaces

E) Four places I have been on vacation:

1. Calloway Gardens, Georgia
2. Niagra Falls
3. Lake Tahoe
4. Seaside, Cannon Beach and Astoria, OR

F) Websites I visit daily: (or semi-weekly)

1. Email
2. Bloglines
3. Zeneedle
4. Carole Knits

G) Four of my favorite foods:

1. Red peppers
2. Chocolate
3. Broccoli
4. Peaches (or is it blackberries, or figs - any fruit that you only get to really enjoy when in season a few short weeks!)

H) Four places I would rather be right now:

1. Next to a high Sierra lake
2. touring the Rockies
3. Cuba
4. home in Forest City, practicing spinning

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to learn more about you! It seems I have many more readers this days, perhaps I shall do this one over the weekend...

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Another Deadwood watcher, eh? We like that show quite a lot. I had to chuckle when I read "Paint your wagon." I used to watch that at my grandparents house. Clint Eastwood singing, always makes me giggle.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for the challenge Bird. I'll to give it some thought. It was so interesting reading your's - I can see what you mean.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home