A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Dawn


Dawn is coming later with each passing day, a sure sign of fall ... if you haven't read Shelly Thacker Meinhardt's story titled "Wild and Woolly" in the new fall issue of Interweave Knits, do so, soon (borrow a friend's copy if you don't want to buy the issue, since the story is a quick, one-page read). It is a tribute to both wool and the fall season, which brings those of us who knit back to dreaming of warm items to make and wear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love this time of year. It's darker in the mornings and the air seems a little crisper early in the morning.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Pooch said...

What a lovely-lovely picture with the pink and yellow barely there. Today is the first that I've felt that sense of summer-is-ending, too.

:)

3:17 PM  
Blogger ~Jody said...

As much as I love the summer - I'm so excited for fall! My fingers are starting to itch for my wool again yea!! :)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home