A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lily of the Valley Revealed


Here she is... my Lily of the Valley, done in Textiles A Mano cotton/rayon (I have misplaced the trade name).

I absolutely love this shawl, and so did the members of my quilt guild when I showed it off at our monthly meeting last night. The pattern looks much more complicated than it really is, and after the first set, I had determined that I could readily follow it. It made up quickly, and I want to try some variations again soon. The photo was taken by Sharon at the fair on Friday, but when I sized it up so you could see better, I lost even more quality than the original low light conditions. I need to do a real photo shoot to do her justice, but wanted to quell the rising rumors that she didn't really exist... I might have imaginary friends but I DO have a real shawl, which is a delight as the nights have taken on a bit of a chill, moving towards fall.

17 Comments:

Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

It's just beautiful! I love the color and it looks lovely on!

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Birdsong, that's gorgeous - as though you were wearing real flowers.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

It's beautiful!! Wow!!!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Devorah said...

Heavenly! You did a great job.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous, stunning shawl!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

She is so beautiful! I love the color and pattern!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Lily is GORGEOUS! As is her model!
(((hugs)))
I know how proud you are of her...

7:34 AM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Beautiful! I believe she exists now! Great job. I love the color you chose.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, she's lovely! The color is stunning.

8:02 AM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

Pretty pretty pretty!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Such a lovely lady - and delicate. You make me wish I was a shawl person, but I'm afraid it would just end up in my closet with the sweaters. Absolutely eye candy!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Your imaginary shawl is gorgeous!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

The edging looks perfect, it almost echoes the curve of the Lily of the Valley portion. Great job, it looks beautiful!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Lily is gorgeous. Love the picture and looking forward to more.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is stunnig and it's colour make it more beautiful! It looks very fine and very soft.

5:47 AM  
Blogger ~Jody said...

The shawl is amazing!! I love it - the colors, the pattern, it's gorgeous!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home