A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, August 21, 2006

Saturday Sky - On Monday

Saturday's sky is late this week, as we went camping over the weekend, after both needing to work in the morning. We are lucky to be able to get into very private little lakes, the Tamaracks, with only about an hour's driving from Downieville, and shared this spot with only another pair of campers and their pooch, who we only met briefly.


My Saturday sky featured mostly blues, with white, puffy cumulus clouds through the afternoon, over beautiful Upper Tamarack Lake.


Glenn standing on a large boulder overlooking the east side of the lake.


This water pump brings spring water into the Pack Saddle campground.

We spent Sunday morning hiking, more like bushwhacking and cross-country, as I helped my DH search for old trails that could be re-opened. I did take a brief dip in the lake to cool off, then relaxed and read while he explored further. I had my spindle with me, but it was a bit too windy for spinning.

Heading home, we took the Jeep down the face of the Sierra Buttes, on a road that really hangs to the edge of the mountain, ending our trip with an early dinner at Bassetts, a local restaurant famous for their burgers and shakes.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

It's beautiful! Mmmmm, burgers and shakes...

8:32 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Your photos are breathtaking!
(((hugs)))

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful! looks like I may have to head out to northern California soon. I'm pining for more wilderness and yours looks just lovely. Glad you were able to get away and breathe...thanks for sharing.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely photos!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I know I keep asking this...can I come live with you??
Gorgeous pictures!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Gorgeous scenery. But clearing old trails?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Breathtaking photos of the lake!

Can I have a copy and publishing rights? The first one should be a postcard!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

That looks like heaven!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ah, so lovely!

BTW, I moved my blog to typepad. I'm now at http://craftylilly.typepad.com. Blogger and bloglines was messing with my feeds, so I changed. Hope to see you then!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What a great time out. Glad our back is better.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. The photo with DH looks so wonderful and the weather this past weekend was so perfect.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Beautiful pictures. I could smell the fresh air when I looked at them.

Hope your back is all better and you're able to enjoy the rest of the summer.

12:57 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I live vicariously through your trips. Why do we only get to see the back of Cute Glenn? I love his hair.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home