A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Friday, September 02, 2005

A Knitters' Relief Effort

I have added a new sidebar to tell those who don't know yet to check out the Knitters' Relief Challenge mounted by Margene and Susan in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. She and I were obviously being overwhelmed at the same time, and I agree with her statement that life will never be the same. Along with keeping track of knitters' donations to relief charities, they are collecting cool knitting stuff for a weekly prize drawing and to put up some auctions to raise additional funds. I will be pulling together a box of prizes tonight to send off in the mail, and hope you will do the same. One of the prizes I will be sending is the mohair Airy Scarf I have been working on this week, in a beautiful shade of deep lavender... pictures tomorrow, along with photos of rock cairns, a human-made phenomenon that has been occuring in our river the past four summers, as well as other rivers throughout the West (it's fun to do and looks really cool, and acknowledges the temporary condition of all things).

Blessings to all who are well, and prayers for those who are not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all so heartbreaking. If we each do a little maybe we can make a big difference in someones life.

11:40 AM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I have made donations for prizes as well. I have to do something.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home