A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Two Memes for the Price of One

OK, Teyla tagged me to see what I have been listening to... and then got tagged with a second meme, which is more clever than most, so I am doing it first:

The 23rd post 5th sentence reads

1. Go into your archive.

2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).

3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).

4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.

5. Tag five people to do the same.

5th sentence in my 23rd post:

"We were able to get the School Board to postpone the decision till January and
allow the Reconfiguration Committee to meet once more."

Teyla's was far more interesting; mine is just a line in a news story which has lost its context, however I find it ironic that this event unfolded to totally disrupt and reconstruct my work life. Since my 23rd post, I was cut to half-time as a teacher, took a new part-time job grant-writing for our local clinic, and then, less than two weeks ago, made the decision to resign from teaching at the high school in order to direct a preschool/childcare program - I will be working 50 hours a week the next several months as I help get two different non-profits on sounder footing. I have also expanded my knitting and joined our local crafts cooperative.


I will be intrigued to see what comes out of the archives of those people I tagged: Ruinwin, Stacie, Lynette, Kathy, Caroline, and Jenn.

I will have the other meme up by Friday...

My co-workers all loved the baby hat pictured in my last post about Schulana Supercotton, on my teddy. The father-to-be whose shower present it was, just couldn't believe I had made it... so simple to those of us in the know. I will have to make a few more! Steve is such a dear, one of our Physician Assistants, who just moved here in May with his wife and son from Wyoming and Atlanta (where he got trained). I hope we are all making them feel welcomed, and was pleased that they decided to enter their son's baby quilt in our fall show, made for him by a former co-worker.

If you have a chance to come to Downieville the first weekend in October, our guild's annual show is always beautiful, with delightful antique props, and the fall colors are usually coming on, with crisp mountain fall days and nights. And, I would get to meet knitting bloggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home