A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Saturday, August 06, 2005

Gardening Helpers

Since a Saturday off means gardening activity for a lot of my friends, I thought I would share some photos of a couple of our garden helpers.


Peeking out from under the canna, with its first flower just opening, is the gnome responsible for providing the plant food which made this plant grow so large. Posted by Picasa


This gnome tries to protect the goldfish in order to keep having a source of fishing fun. Posted by Picasa

Please don't tell the Gnome Liberation Front about these two, as we really like them and we don't exploit them, I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Aww I just love that fishing gnome! Sooo cute!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

My Dad used to read us a book about Gnomes when my sister and I were small. I always thought they seemed to be the kindest looking of magical creatures.

Ruinwen
:)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home