A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Thursday, July 21, 2005

Jackets in Summer and a Contest


Even though the temperatures have been in the high 90s, I am still finding myself attracted to jackets! I fell in love with this pattern when I stopped by my LYS, Meadow Farm Yarn Studio, the other day. I also ordered Jean Frost's Jackets, which I am anxiously awaiting. This would make a great work jacket for the fall, so I better start hunting around for the appropriate yarn! I really like the simple lines of most of Oat Couture's patterns, and this pattern has already been adjusted for three different yarn weights, DK, worsted, and Aran weight. How thoughtful of them! Posted by Picasa

I also decided that a small contest would liven up my summer... the first person sending me an email to birdsong_s@hotmail.com, with their name and address, and requesting that I mail the latest issue of Knit n' Style to them will be the winner. I was happy enough to have a free preview, but decided that this mag isn't a very good match for my personal style. Didn't find a single thing in there to displace any of the items on my lengthy to-do list, which says something, doesn't it? But that doesn't mean someone else won't fall in love... that's part of the beauty of knitting, it can be so many things to so many people!


 Posted by Picasa

The bad news is that I have not found a solution to my camera's problem... if you have any advice, please give it! Nothing appears on my preview screen, and even though the camera thinks it is recording a photo, nothing appears to be in the file when opened on the computer.... sigh, does this mean I will have to give up yarn shopping and buy a new one?!

8 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Ok I'm always up for a contest especially a who can email me the fastest contest! LOL!

4:23 PM  
Blogger barbara said...

I subscribed to that magazine as part of a school fundraiser. I think the patterns are not my style either, but some of the technical articles are ok. But I will not renew!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for my camera everyday (and my a/c). They are both OLD.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Love that jacket pattern.

I looked at the patterns in that Knit N Style because someone on the Summer of Lace list mentioned the leaf stole. Non of the patterns caught my fancy, either.

Hope someone gets it who will enjoy it.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeek! I had my husband read your posts about your camera, and, his diagnosis is that it did indeed get fried. Bummer.....

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Is there a way you can pop in another memory card to see if your current one is the culprit? Maybe if you go to the store, you could switch out a card from one of the demo cameras as a test.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

i agree with lynette's suggestion... try to eliminate the possibility that it's the memory card first (and talk to store people). if it's not, then it's the camera. have you looked at consumer reports/reviews on the type of camera you have? some models have notorious glitches in them (even the newer more expensive ones too!) =(

7:42 PM  
Blogger marguerite louise said...

The jacket is most attractive - looks as if it would be suitable for almost any occasion, depending on the yarn and color.

I have copied the chocolate blend, Dakoba - xocolatl on an index card, will keep it in my purse along with my shopping list, and hope to find it somewhere in Kalamazoo.

"Macbeth" has been my favorite Shakespearean tragedy ever since my grade school days when I was chosen to be one of the witches!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home