A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Camera Frustration

OK, now this really stinks! I just got home from town, having swung by my local yarn shop, Meadow Farm (I was feeling a little disloyal, since I hadn't paid a visit since before going to Black Sheep), and wanted to take some pictures to share with all of you. My camera won't work! I have changed the batteries, changed the light, checked to make sure that the lens cover is opening properly and fully, and that the flash is flashing and still I am only getting a totally dark picture, which lightens up to have no content when I mess around in Photoshop... in other words, nothing is being recorded. The camera has been sitting in the truck since Saturday, and I am just hoping something didn't get fried in the 100+ heat.

I am venting here, before switching memory chips and trying again.... hoping to be able to show you all my great summer sale finds (I could pick only one ball each, at $2.00 a ball, of an assortment of close-out cottons).

My primary reason for stopping was because I wanted to purchase a copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's book, The Opinionated Knitter, locally, rather than ordering it. I did succeed and might just have to console myself reading away the rest of the afternoon.

More later....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww thanks again! The dress pattern is actually from Art Fibers in san fran, and you may have noticed I made Bevin model it, I need to drop some more pounds before I'd ever don it in public! It was a quick knit due to the larger beedle sizes.
You could easily convert Lelah into a dress too! Hmmmm, I think I just saw a lightbulb flash over my noggin!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home