A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pictures of the Burros

Jomama asked that I post some pictures of the burros, so I made them all pose for portraits on Sunday.
 Posted by PicasaThis is April, who is five and still somewhat timid. She was a wild burro living on the Sheldon Fish and Wildlife Refuge two years ago, brought in for adoption because many of the burros were getting hit by cars trying to cross the major highway, and there were too many in numbers for the area to support them.


Shortly after arriving here in May 2004, April surprised us with baby Assteroid (we knew she was pregnant but expected birth to be at least a month away still). He is now close to her height (about 11 hands) and still will fill out and grow until about age 3 or 4. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger jomama said...

Love the burros. Thanx.

10:16 AM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Awww I love them! Sooo cute :)

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home