A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, November 28, 2005

Product Review: Lamb's Pride

Stats:

Yarn name: Lamb's Pride (Worsted and Bulky)
Weight: worsted/bulky
Manufacture:Brown Sheep
Size: Worsted: 190 yds/4 oz skein
Bulky: 125 yds/4 oz skein
Fibers: 85% wool, 15% mohair
MSRP: $7.00 per skein

Lamb's Pride is one of my all-time favorite, workhorse yarns. It is great for felted bags, beanies, mittens (which will full as they get worn a bunch for snowball fights), slippers, even jackets and sweaters. I love the 15% mohair content and the single-ply, slightly unspun texture, duplicating a rustic handspun. I have used it so much that I am somewhat surprised I haven't featured it before. However, I have made two hats in the past week from the bulky, which I had bought by mistake back last spring while working on my striped traveling bag, and was so delighted with the results, I was tempted to keep one for myself. However, they are part of the Knit Unto Others KAL work I have been doing, so off they go to keep other heads toasty warm this winter.

This is a "pocket" slipper, made from Lamb's Pride Worsted (called that because it is small enough to fit in your pocket!) Posted by Picasa


Detail of hat made using Bulky Posted by Picasa


There is now even a Lamb's Pride Superwash! I have not tried this yet, and it does not contain the mohair, so I am guarded. I did pick up enough to make a toy monkey for grandbaby Mia's first birthday coming up in January, and will keep you updated.

3 Comments:

Blogger handknit168 said...

yr pocket slipper is very cute and the yarn is very beautiful.

My Blog
My on-line shop

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Lamb's Pride, too! I'm working on my second hat for the Knit Unto Others KAL in Lamb's Pride. I also like Cascade 220 for hats.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I like Lamb's Pride too - love the feel of it - It felts well, though the mohair makes it really fuzzy. Colors are beautiful also.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home