A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Favorites Meme

Both Jenn and Lynette have tagged me with this meme, and I had been thinking of my answers as I read other peoples' so here goes:

What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with? Probably any alpaca :)

Your favorite needles? I love the Addi turbos I have, but really adore the two ebony circulars I have gotten in the past month, and keep angling my projects towards ones I can use them with.

The worst thing you've ever knit? Probably this two-color, paneled "ski" sweater I made back in junior high school... it was so 70s, and the arms were too tight. It was some acrylic sport weight that my mom bought for me, and felt slick but scratchy. I am sure it went to the Goodwill about the time I left home.

Your favorite knit pattern? Usually it's the one I am making! I am pretty fond of felted clogs, the lacy "versatile scarf" I am working on, and my EZ Pi Shawl, made years ago. If I were to switch this question to a stitch pattern, it would be Old Shale, my all-time favorite Shetland pattern, which I used on the shawl and on a luxury afghan several years back for my DH.

Most valuable knitting technique? I agree with Lynette on this one; the time I spent learning the Continental stitch using Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears book has been repaid a thousand times over the years.

Best knit book or magazine? Interweave Knits

Your favorite knitalong? I am terrible about this, not really being a participant in KALs because I either hear about them after everyone else has already finished, or because I am too busy "doing my own thing". I AM looking forward to Margene's Knitting Unto Others KAL (check the button newly added above the posts), since I do a lot of charity knitting, and there are few "rules".

Your favorite knitblogs? . The ones I turn to first are Margene's Zeneedle, and Marguerite's Stitches of Violet. I think that is because we have much more than knitting in common.

Your favourite knitwear designer? I just answered this question on the Rowan website, to enter a contest to win 100 pounds of yarn... I love Meg Swanson, Vittadini, Lily Chin, Debbie Bliss, and scads more. I usually wear a simple, classic, straightforward design, such as Elizabeth Zimmerman.

The knit item you wear the most? The striped sweater I finished last year.

Who to tag? Sallee - can't wait for her answers, as she is my sister-in-lace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

don't think I'll surprise you much with my answers, but I've responded to the meme! How fun that you tagged me!
(((hugs)))

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you'll be joining us on the Knit Unto Others knit along!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Thanks for sharing, Birdsong, I enjoyed reading your answers.

BTW, the birthdate description seemed right-on from what know about you. Inner peace definitely seems like your strength.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home