A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, December 26, 2005

Product Review: Bling Bling

Stats:

Yarn name: Bling Bling
Weight: Worsted
Manufacture: Berroco
Size: Worsted: 92 yds/50 gm (1.75 oz) ball
Fibers: 60% cotton, 38% acrylic, 2% metallic
MSRP: $15.00 per skein

This yarn is a little pricey, but adds a lot of glitz when used for accessories. The aluminum looks like bright sequins, without the trouble of knitting them in! The yarn is classified as a worsted, and knits up to a worsted gauge, but feels a little looser, a little limp, without the same body of a worsted wool. However, that would make it very drapey if you decided to splurge on enough yarn for a metallic tank top, for example. I know I won't, being the jeans type, but it did make a great little cap for my DD:




As you can see, she chose black, with silver sparkles. This yarn comes in a narrower color range, and my personal favorite was cream with gold sparkles, but this is a close second, and would make a very glamorous top or wrap. A warp would benefit from larger needles and a tank top or tiny sweater from a denser gauge. Just in time for New Years... see if it turns up at an after-Christmas sale today and make a party outfit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cap for your daughter is beautiful! I love how it sparkles. You're right, the yarn would also make a great tank or wrap. I'm going to have to see if my LYS carries that.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home