A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, January 31, 2005

Finished my Shrug

I was attempting to knit on the shrug during our S&B meeting, but mostly talking and helping others. I did notice that I was about halfway through the second sleeve and it looked like it was going to be close on having enough yarn, so I plunged in last night, while watching a great Discovery Channel program called Pompeii: The Last Day, and was able to finish the knitting! I did just barely have enough of the teal.. in fact just enough of the ball on the one side of the color blocks to knit in the end tail as I finished up the last color block and returned to using one ball for the final rows in solid color! Talk about close... usually taking risks such as this are reserved for the sports in my life (climbing, snowboarding) and NOT my knitting... that is where I am supposed to be de-stressing.

Now, this evening's project will be sewing up the sleeves and weaving in ends... with pictures to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home