A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Thursday, January 27, 2005

Surprise Hat

I whipped this earflap hat up in a couple of hours the past few evenings, feeling guilty that I had promised to make it for my son's co-worker, Keith, and hadn't gotten around to it yet.. we are planning to go over to Lake Tahoe tomorrow, so thought I better get to it!




The shrug is still on the WIP list, but only needs about 2/3 of the second sleeve, then blocking and finishing. -- just sent me a tip about Clover blocking pins (I thought they were diaper pins in her blog photo!) so I am going looking for them this weekend in anticipation of being ready for that stage early next week. I will probably finish up a second earflap hat, this one for Cody, today and work on Red Scarfs while I am gone, but then hustle to finish the shrug before my package of yarn from JoAnns arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home