A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Sunday, May 01, 2005

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

I picked up a copy of Hobby Farms magazine a few weeks ago while on a trip and just re-read a terrific article promoting the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Now, I have heard mutterings on some of the blogs I read about attending this fiber glut next weekend, and I am terribly envious. It is clear on the other side of the country, and there is absolutely NO chance that I will be there. Please, those of you who are going, pet all the animals and buy all the yarn for me. This is the 32nd annual for the Maryland event; it outgrew its original location, expanded from one day to two over the years, and now also includes three days of special workshops for sheperds, spinners, weavers and knitters. It is truly the Queen of Festivals in the fiber world. But it is not alone. Here is a list of other upcoming fiber fairs... the warm weather is just around the corner and all of these will offer fair food, as well as a glut of yarns.

June Estes Park Wool Market
August Michigan Fiber Festival
September California Wool & Fiber Festival
October Taos Wool Festival
Vermont Sheep & Wool Festival

Find a way to go to the one closest to you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

I'm going to try to make it to the California Festival - it's in Booneville, right? We drove through there 2 weekends ago.

You were right about Lorna's Laces Shepherd. Cody's beanie is in a gorgeous colorway.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OOOOOOO It's in Booneville! We lived in Ukiah for 3 years...I am making sure that I will be there sans children :-)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Maybe we can all meet each other there? I would love to put faces to names of such nice people.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

All the more reason to go! I'd love to meet you gals.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home