A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Friday, April 29, 2005

Nifty Do It Yourself Sock Blockers

I wanted to post a picture of the progress I have made on Cody's camoflauge beanie (hat to the rest of us), and he even posed with it on, but then we discovered that my DH Glenn had taken my camera with him overnight, and the USB cable lives in the camera case (so I won't lose it - OF COURSE!). Our photos will just have to wait and be turned into the continuing saga of how the hat got finished tonight, as I am starting on the decreasing and will probably power through to the finish line on this one.

So, instead, I am going to console my meager following with this really cool idea, making your own sock blockers out of those inexpensive, plastic-coated hangers you have lying around. The photos on this site are very clear, and any one of us could muscle around a plastic hanger to get the right shape. It even comes with a handy-dandy hook to hang your newly-finished sock and get a photo for that blog. This site was forwarded to me by one of the members of the sock machine list, so I can't even take any credit for that part. TGIF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home