A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Thursday, April 14, 2005

New Toy


Hey , lookie what I found! This is a tabletop swift, hand made of wild cherry wood by Dragonfly Turnings Fiber Arts ToolsPosted by Hello.

I located them on Ebay, and was pretty thrilled to be able to get a prettier swift at about $20 less than the going rate for the umbrella swifts that clamp to the table. I have put this off for years, but will be able to list it as a business expense this year, and be able to get yarn wound a whole lot faster. And, according to Stephanie, this could save my marriage, reducing the stress induced when you are always asking your mate to hold yarn for you to wind (another pithy tip from her fab bookbookbook).

Here is another beautiful tabletop model that I saw at Three Dog Knits. It's still more expensive, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cody said...

That is a pretty cool yarn roller thing, almost as nice as the Three Dog Knit ladies, and more fiscally sound. Are you guys coming up this weekend?

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home