A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Shawl Ready to Gift


Here is my finished prayer shawl in Homespun yarn to give to a friend and member of our quilt guild. I think I will modify this pattern in the future to make the shawl narrower, although it is a very lush and comforting wraparound. Posted by Hello

Gifting is the hardest part of this whole project. I keep thinking about how private this person is, and how little her friends and acquaintances have seen of her or her husband while he has been undergoing chemo. I know that they are trying to conserve their energies for the battle. I also sense that up until now, she has been a person who loves to give, but doesn't necessarily find it easy to receive. I want to be able to find a simple way to hand over her gift with the thought that her friends are thinking of her often and wishing and hoping and praying for a positive outcome for them. I keep waiting for magic words to come to me, but they don't. I have a little card ready, and a few simple lines to write, and want her to have the benefit of the smile that comes with an unexpected gift as soon as possible. I am hoping that what I decide is the right moment will be one that meets her needs as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I think that is awesome and I think that she will love it.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home