A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Friday, April 08, 2005

Vintage stole pattern


Here is a close up of the vintage stole pattern I have been testing. I like this pattern quite a bit, but would pick a smooth merino or alpaca to make it up, so that the texture and laciness could really show through. You will notice that I have pulled the needles out; while knitting away in class last night, following my original intention to make this up as a narrow scarf, I noticed that there was a foam core and not much yarn left on it, rather than the deceptively plump ball of yarn I had started with! I have seen this "trick" once or twice before, and wish there was a way to know in advance if that were the case. I would not buy a yarn that employed such a device intentionally, partly because the foam doesn't biodegrade, and partly because I find it misleading. Well, I ripped out the work and will make a narrow scarf or save the yarn to put with something else. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you pinch inside the ball to see what (if anything) is stuffing it?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

It's a lovely lace pattern...so sad you didn't have enough yarn. But alpaca would be wonderful with that design...
(((hugs)))

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home