A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bestest Birthday

Many, many thanks are due to my wonderful e-knitting buddies, for so many birthday cards and greetings! Margene gave me a mention on her blog, leading to meeting wonderful new bloggers; what a great gift. So did Teyla, whose birthday is coming up on Samhain (Halloween to some). Be sure to pay her a birthday visit next!

Sallee sent me the greatest animated card, and I got several cards from non-bloggers too, along with flowers from my neighbor Cheryl, and a dinner set up by dear friend Lynn, along with four other members of my quilt guild. There were presents, a calamari dinner with Mud Pie for dessert (a real birthday transgression for me, avoiding dairy for the most part, but making an exception tonight), and lots of laughs. I couldn't ask for more, but then my son Cody called right as I coming in the door, to wish me a Happy Birthday even though we had already celebrated early.

I even have The Knitter's Gift to read; a surprise from my new quilt club Secret Pal (man, she works fast, whoever it is, having a package waiting on the doorstep of the Children's Center when I showed up for work yesterday morning, only the day following drawing my name at our annual party!). What a great day - I am off to read a bit before heading to bed. Thanks, everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! Here's to many, many more!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You should keep milking it;-)
Hurray for good birthdays.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have belated birthday! My b-day was on the 9th. Aren't Libra girls the best :) I'm so glad you have a wonderful birthday(s) celebration with everyone. Here's to another fantastic year for you.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow... my whole comment didn't even make sense..lol It's been a long day. Let me try to not sound like an idiot this time.

Happy belated birthday! I'm so glad you had wonderful birthday celebrations with everyone!

That's better :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Birdsong! I appreciate your philosophy on getting older and celebrating life with each new candle on the cake. So many women pass their birthdays by with dread; it's refreshing to read that you rejoice instead.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home