A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Friday, September 23, 2005

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

My son and daughter came over to spend the night and DS pointed out that I have been slacking in my blogging efforts. So, what have I been doing? I assumed directorship of the local child care center, The Good Years Children and Families Center just about a month ago, and have been getting up to speed. We started our afternoon preschool/kindergarten enrichment program two days a week, last week.


We spent one afternoon painting... Posted by Picasa


We have time for stories and singing. Posted by Picasa, but we don't have much time left over for knitting, as I also still work for the local clinic... I have given up almost all of my former volunteer activites, except knitting for Cloths for Katrina, since I spend 11 hours a day working for non-profits, as well as a few on the weekends. I am hoping to get to the point where I have a life again sometime soon.

I was very excited to get Stephanie's new book Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter, in the mail earlier this week... it is great reading, and I have already ordered a second copy for my dear friend, Beatyanne, of the famed sweater tree ornaments. I am spreading out the light reading to have something cheery to look forward to on the most demanding days.


This is the view out the door of my office, rather grey today. The river is still there, just over the bank, but the leaves are turning and it's too cold in the water for swimming. Posted by Picasa Who has time, anyway?!

As for knitting, I sat down last night, determined to finish the second cap sleeve to Nikki's top, so as to show her it was almost done when she arrived, and I did get to the end, but when I pulled the other one out of the bag and compared, it was larger! Now, to figure out which sleeve is the correct one and which has to be frogged... I am so annoyed I am not even willing to take a picture to share. On top of it, I HAVE to start on the purse for my quilt club Secret Pal, since there is only two weeks until the party (when it has to appear felted, dry, and prettily wrapped). I also have a baby hat to make and the mother is 8 1/2 months pregnant (do you think I am running out of time yet?).

I am not a procrastinator, and would have all of this done, and be able to start the Candle Flame shawl pattern I just found if I weren't working so dang many hours (now that I am working around even younger children I am determined not to curse, even about knitting mistakes). Trying not to tear my hair out, how are you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I'm not around small children;-) It does look like everyone is having a great time, however. Enjoy our weekend and good luck with the sleeve.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing some excellent work and have great justification for not having time to blog.

I'd start the baby had first. Those wee people have a way of arriving on their own schedule.

I'd like to restart the candle flame shawl....I started last year and didn't like the yarn I was using and didn't restart it with another yarn. Maybe we can do it as a mini knit along. My schedule is as crazy as yours.... No pressure.

7:52 PM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Don't you worry about not blogging. Do your thang! Have fun :)

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home