A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Friday, October 07, 2005

Which Child Are You?

I work with some very fun and funny people at Western Sierra Medical Clinic here in Downieville, and yesterday we got on this kick trying to remember an old bit of doggeral about which day of the week you were born... well, these days it's an easy matter to Google just about anything, and here is the poem:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard fo his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

Of course, once we got this far, we had to grab computers and look for a calendar for the years we and all of our respective children and spouses and siblings were born, along with the typical remarks that brought up... we were pretty giggly by then. One of the nurses, looking up her older sister, said "Oh, that goodie-two-shoes!", upon learning she was a Sunday's child.

It turns out that I was born on a Monday, my husband on a Tuesday, my eldest son Cody on a Tuesday (although I went into labor early on Monday, but I guess he dragged it out in order to have that claim to grace), my daughter on a Saturday (and I remember just how HOT it was in Sacramento that afternoon), and my youngest son on a Sunday. I was not present at my stepson's birth, but he is a Wednesday's child.

Now that I have your interest, you are wondering how to find this important piece of information about yourself... just type in "calendar" and the year of your birth at your favorite search engine in order to look up the day of the week you were born and report back to me!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already know I was born on a Tuesday. Grace, maybe...graceful-NOT! LOL

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need for a caledar here, either. I was born on a Sunday after my mom went out dancing all night!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I was born on a Tuesday and am not quite a child of grace. I've lived in my house for six years and still walk into walls sometimes!

2:29 PM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I'm a Friday Child :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

awwww.. i was born on a wednesday (day before thanksgiving, actually)! i sure hope i'm not always a woeful type! =P

11:38 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I was born on a Tuesday Oct 31, 1972... I so full of grace....

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home