A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Wednesday, August 30, 2006

We Interrupt This Program For...

A brief illness. Yesterday was a long, aching, scary day of illness, beginning with what I thought was food poisoning, being awakened at 3 AM. Over the course of a day of fever and chills, I started to question my original theory and opt for the flu as the cause. I was particularly worried that I would have to miss my trip this weekend, and in the few moments of lucidity, managed to cancel work for last night and today, giving ample time for recovery.

You have all had those days where minor illness kept you home, but at least you could curl up on the couch and read and nap - maybe even knit a bit. Not so this time. Even sitting in the desk chair trying to read my email hurt. All I did was either sleep or try to sleep, as sometimes I was simply too uncomfortable... DH finally insisted on feeding me something late last night, which was probably good, as I was completely out of fuel. I woke this morning much clearer headed, and optimistic about careful recovery getting me to my plane on time.

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

UGH! Feel better! Congrats on your daughter moving back to you!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Glad you're feeling better today. Hope you make a full recovery in time to enjoy your trip.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Glad you're feeling better, at least. Take care of yourself.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Take care to baby yourself! Hope you feel better as soon as possible. Then maybe some fiber therapy....

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I hope you feel MUCH better and quick! I hate being that sick (whereas I kind of enjoy the vague not-well-but-can-lay-around-and-read-and-knit sick days).

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh no! Feel better soon and rest!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Not sure what it is...Jane's not doing the best, you're under the weather, and I'm fighting it big time (with a DGS who's trying not to succumb but failing that fight!)...hmm...crazy weather not killing the germs??? Or misery loves company?
(((((hugs)))))
Feel LOTS better soon, okay?

6:22 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Are you feeling better today? I hope so!! Scary to be so sick and not really know what it is.

Lots of get well wishes to you!

11:30 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

gah, hope you feel better soon! thanks for my lace shawl congrats :-)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Have a great time in SLC. I would give ANYTHING to spend a few days at the family history library there! I might even pass up a fiber festival for it!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi B., i didn't realize who you were when you left comments on my blog! nice to see you again. i'm feeling much less PMS-y; so sorry to see you when i was in the middle of it. ugh. hope your trip back was fine...

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home