A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Forest Canopy Is Closing In On Finish!

This is one of those teaser posts where my time would be better spent in knitting, as the lovely Forest Canopy shoulder shawl, from Susan Lawrence's pattern, is almost done, in fact I have only a few more border rows and blocking!

Why am I typing and not knitting, you ask? Well, I have learned the hard way to faithfully follow the "No Lace After 9 PM" rule, having found that my eyes and my concentration both weaken and mistakes happen (that ugly "M" word). However, getting caught up on email and blogs after 9 PM works pretty well... I also had to read all the latest fire news for California as the smoke was thick today from a fire at the crest of Yuba Pass, east of Downieville, forcing one dear friend from my crafts co-op to evacuate with her husband to their other house in Reno (for their health from the smoke; their house is safe so far).

I will probably squeeze in one, last purl row before bed, and finish the edging tomorrow, so watch for a FO by this weekend (doing a little happy dance:)

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Can't wait to see it done! You are so talented when it comes to lace. :)

I find most of my mistakes happen at the LYS. It is the hardest place for me to knit LOL

Ruinwen
:)

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the finished photos!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Stay safe with the smoke and fires? You AND your friends! Can't wait to see this most recent lace, but I know what you mean about the lessons lace teaches us about our concentration (and eye strain!). I can't knit lace and watch TV - even "simple" lace!
Learned that one again last night...arrrrggghhhh!
(((hugs)))

6:02 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I've been wondering about you and the Bassets fire, I know it is too close. The smoke, even here, is amazing.

I'll bring some of my boys' knitted animals to the guild meeting this month, and their stubby-pointed little needles. A challenge to work with those points, but it made them loose knitters!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see that lovely lace!

I hope you're ok with all that smoke. When we get fires around here, my allergies go crazy.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, I can't wait for the FO report! You are wise to restrict lace knitting late at night... I just tinked back six rows last night, gah!

I hope the fires get contained and the smoke disipates soon! I know how icky it is to have all that smoke in the air.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So close to being done! Yay! Crossing fingers for you (and all) on the fire sitch.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home