Bolero to Go and Purse to Match
Well, take heart everyone, I think that the finishing process is much like other aspects of knitting; it keeps getting easier. The Trio ibbon yarn in this project was not that cooperative to get a tapestry needle through; a tendency to want to hang up on splitting the ribbon instead of slipping easily under a stitch. I did one sleeve with a metal tapestry needle and the other with a plastic one, and the plastic one worked much better.
I also completely ripped out the purse I was making to match out of the leftover yarn. It was too wide, and I wasn't going to have enough yarn for it. I am back on track, but obviously was wrong in assuming that Trio would knit up to the same gauge as the Deco-Ribbon called for in the pattern.
It is a cloudy, grey day in the California foothills, and the temperature has dropped back down to the spring temps we usually get; put the sandals back in the closet for a few more weeks. At least I will have a bit longer to wear my sweaters.