A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Update on WIPs

Since yesterday was the first of March, I had to admit to myself that my February sweater DID NOT make it under the wire... not even giving myself grace for it only being a 28-day month. That sweater was the Trio bolero, which actually is coming along quite nicely. I just bound off the second front at the shoulders, so now the entire body is completed and I only need to knit up two three-quarter length sleeves, but I will need another week before I can add it to my list of finished projects.

In reviewing the month, I found that I was distracted several times by little projects, and I suspect that will be the case again this month. Saw my friend Suzi this afternoon, who was thrilled to hear that I had purchased yarn for her purse, and my student, Kayla, who is going to Teenwork (see previous post) with me in two weeks, reminded me that I promised to make her one of the earflap hats. My other main project, the striped baby blanket, is about three-fourths of the way done tonight, and will probably manage to be finished up this week. The Eros scarf, on the other hand, is progressing slowly, mainly because I save it to work on at meetings at school, or other times when I have to have a small, traveling project.

My main projects this month will be my version of Clapotis, and a prayer shawl in deep red Homespun for a friend who is recovering from a lengthy illness. I would also like to tackle those felted clogs. Spring is beckoning too, as you could tell from yesterday's post... I may have to sneak in a spring tank or cardi. I am mulling over which of these projects to take with me later this month, when we spend most of a week down in Los Angeles at the youth conference... there's the problem of taking knitting needles on the plane, so I will probably save the prayer shawl, done on my Denise circulars, which will be packed into checked luggage, since it is a short hop from Reno, and not worth having someone decide to take them from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home