A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, February 21, 2005

What I'm Working On

Here is a current list of my Works in Progress:

Mia's striped baby blanket - in lilac and peach Bernat Berella, this project is close to halfway!

Trio Bolero - I just cast on this morning, because I couldn't stand to wait any longer. I think it is the weeks' worth of rain, making me long for the chance to wear spring clothing.

Eros Scarf - this project has moved in and out of my carry-around pouch, yielding throughout the month of February to one pair of slippers, one baby jacket, two earflap hats and three charity scarves I have already finished and displayed in previous posts. I still plan to finish it up this month.

Brown Shetland wool socks - I decided last week that I am going to re-do this sock pattern using Marguerite's Old Shale sock pattern and make a rainbow cuff with the yarn left over from the baby jacket. I just loved the pastel rainbows and the feel of the merino, and think this will work. Even though the Shetland looks loftier, the gauge is the same.

Yarn piles waiting in the wings include enough to make a prayer shawl, some cotton/rayon on order to knit up a spring version of Clapotis, denim Brown Sheep worsted for a pair of felted clogs, and of course there's still the vest, coffee cup sweater and men's jacket that have been languishing in unfinished states for a few years now. I also started ordering yarn for a few felted purses to sell to fill requests.

I am looking forward to spending the first weekend in March with my quilt guild, and completing the Hawaiian quilt top I started more than a year ago for my daughter, Nikki, who made the comment as I was showing off yet another completed knitting project: "So, have you given up quilting entirely, now?"

And here's a little personal info, courtesy of yet another meme (a fast one though)...
bold the states you've been to, underline the states you've lived in and italicize the state you're in now...

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /

Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I can't believe I'm almost done with this master's program! I have a to-do list a mile long of things I actually want to do when I finish. First up, is getting a subscription to Netflix for a few months to catch up on all the movies I missed!

I like your project choices!

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home