A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Sunday, February 13, 2005

Stitch and Bitch meeting today

We were planning to have our second Stitch and Bitch meeting this afternoon at Casey's Place in Alleghany, and I was trying to get a few chores done first when Cheryl called to tell me that there was a sign on Casey's door saying "Closed for vacation". She graciously offered to host us all at her house, where we had a peaceful and productive afternoon. Charlene was crocheting a panel for her afghan, Cheryl and Claudia were both making the most beautiful hand-crafted Valentines ever (Claudia's were from hand-painted paper and Cheryl's were bright pink felts), and Claudia had brought her friend Stephanie, who was darning a sock! Actually, turns out several of us knew how... Stephanie also went on to knit on a deep green sweater and shared the cool catalog from Knitpicks.

Cheryl let me use her washer to felt my purses (two I made in October and one several years ago, but decided it would look better felted). I hadn't gotten around to this step because I don't have hot water plumbed in to our wash house and have used only cold water for years, something I may need to change soon, since I am so taken with the felting process. I am just delighted with how they turned out, and my son Jesse thought I should make and sell the little red model. I stuffed plastic shopping bags into them to keep them in shape while drying, and then need to brush off the excess lint and tidy them up.

I also re-worked the Hoover Blanket a bit at SnB, but now that I have the technique right, am not sure it is giving me the desired results and am thinking about designing a different baby blanket that I will like better, sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home