A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Spring Wish List

The spring Patternworks catalog arrived today, and I have been perusing my Interweave issues as well, so here is my rampant spring wish list, with total disregard to time AND money:

I would like to make a few sleek, ribbony t-shirts like this peony-colored one in Jaeger Albany, and of course the body to go with it! And, since it gets so hot here in the summer, I better knit up a few tank tops like this one, which I'll take in flamingo, grape, and ocean Fresco (by Patons). When I'm done whipping those up, I think I'll adapt the same tank design to make a few in Debbie Bliss' Cotton Denim Aran.

After I get bored with all that plain knitting (perhaps I should invest in a knitting machine for those stockinette wardrobe staples, like Cari has done, so I will have more time for the jazzy stuff!), I will move on to the lovely Elsebeth Lavold Audrey Lace Top in Silky Tweed.

Although it is baking-hot all day long for about five months here each year, it does cool down each night, so of course I will need a few cardis and a shawl... how about the Bias Shrug in Interweave Knits Spring 2005? Or the Oat Couture Celtic Cardigan, done in organic cotton?

I am having such a good time with this fantasy that dinner is probably burning!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silky Wool is some seriously yummy yarn. Hope that your dinner was just as good....

8:14 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

I'm knitting a sweater in Silky Tweed and it splits. I have to knit it slow and deliberate, and even then I'm going back and catching up little strings that didn't get knit in with the rest of the stitch.

It's pretty yarn and I'm not sorry I bought it - but i won't buy it again.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home