A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Sunday, May 29, 2005

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! .... What IS It?

I know that the photo below looks like a big amorphous bunch of random knitting, but one day soon, it will be a fine, striped, felted duffel bag, with a sturdy brown bottom and roomy pockets on each end. I had to stuff three towels in to support the huge thing, and the cream colored wool is perched on top.


The duffel bag is coming along nicely - about half its total height, with side pockets and handles already completed. As you can tell from this photo, my favorite place to perch an object for good lighting is the shelf we put over the tub when not in use! Posted by Hello

I am really happy with it, but have to finish soon, just because the weather is warming up and it is too hot to hold in my lap... every evening for the coming week if need be in order to race to the finish line!

We are hosting my husband's parents, siblings and assorted nieces, as well as three of our adult children and one SO (significant other) for a Memorial Day family weekend. We have lounged, eaten, taken a drive or two, sat around the campfire at our outdoor kitchen last night, roasting marshmallows, and walked through the shops in Downieville this afternoon. My hay fever is about as bad as it has gotten yet this season. We also took a short walk to see Pauly Falls, on one of Downieville's waterways... the falls were booming, but you will have to take my word for it, as I forgot to bring the camera.


The main thing I have been working on this weekend, while sitting around and visiting with our relatives, is a pile of hair scrunchies to put in the crafts coop. This little project uses only about 40 yards of yarn, and I focused on finishing up some tiny balls of novelty yarns. Clockwise from top: Berrocco Chinchilla, recycled silk sari yarn, Blossom, and a variegated chenille I have lost the label for. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

ok, I love them.....I must make some hair ties. Where did you find the pattern?

Can you believe that I looked up Forrest City on yahoo and it told me there was no such place? I just wanted to find out haw far you were from me.

8:34 PM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I love the bag :)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home