A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Monday, May 16, 2005


Doesn't this look like just too much fun? I attended a driving clinic in Artois, at Dave and Ginny Freeman's equine rescue. Here, I am driving their BLM burro, Ashley. Posted by Hello


I hope to be driving my own burro, Rita, who is already experienced at this and came with her own red cart, very soon. As Dave said, if you are in a hurry to get somewhere, just get up earlier in the morning. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! You are so lucky. I hope you get Rita and her little red cart going :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Janis, this was only my second time driving, is that cool or what?! If you had been there, you would have witnessed my slow-down when Ashley balked on leaving the home place to hit the driveway; I wasn't being convincing enough about how we were supposed to keep on going! I will get better.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

That does look like fun. You've been posting some greaat pictures lately. I've so enjoyed seeing the burros and you with the burros.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home