A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Having five burros was not an intended consequence. I started out wanting one or two to take packing in the backcountry. We can leave from our house in Camptonville, and walk on mostly dirt roads all the way to Nevada if we so desire, staying in undeveloped country. Our Forest City home in the high country is only fifteen miles by dirt road from our home in Camptonville. Well, one thing led to another, much the same way us knitters build up bigger than needed stashes. I acquired the first burro, Rose in December 2003, and committed to take Assteroid's mother, April in January 2004. Then, I learned of a man, Darryl MacGibbon, who needed to find homes for two middle-aged burros as his health was failing and he could no longer work with them. That is how Rita and Louise came to be here. Then, we learned that April was pregnant, and she gave birth about a month earlier than predicted (yeah, right, like we could have known when she conceived!). Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Oh my gosh what a cutey!!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's cute. My donkey isn't so hairy. Kay

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home