A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Thursday, June 29, 2006

Trekking to Rowland Falls


Yesterday afternoon DH, my Trekking sock and I took a hike into Rowland Falls, just a few miles from our Forest City house. Wednesdays will be our only day off together this summer, so we will be trying to spend most of them relaxing. The weather was cooler and cloudy, but no hailstorms this time! We even got in the water, but it was too cold for more than a quick dip to wash the sweat off.


My sock, basking near the deeper pool. I am close to finishing the first one!


From the second descending pool, just before the falls drop off.


This one's for Neena.


My husband's favorite craft activity is building rock walls. While I knitted on my Trekking sock, he built a small wall that raised the water height in the upper pool by four inches. I only added two inches to the foot....


Glenn relaxes in the shade after all that hard work


I promised a follow-up to the picnic story from yesterday's post. These are the three washcloths I won at the guild picnic. Our names went into a hat, with the number of cloths we had brought to swap, then we were called in the rotating order of the drawing, getting to choose our favorite each time from the dwindling pile. I have made the swirling round one a few times myself, and will have to look around for the pattern!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like a great day!

Love the washcloths.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like a great day!

Love the washcloths.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a lovely hike!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT place! Great butt (what little I can see). :-)

Our favorite activity is playing with rocks, also.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I adore waterfalls! It makes me want to hop in the car and drive to Spearfish, SD!

The washcloths are great too! Wonderful picks!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those falls look luxurious! What fun :-)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh man, that just looks glorious. Especially after the heat today.

Those washcloths are really pretty! Nice prize winnings.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I am so envious of your knitting time perched beside the clear pool surrounded by stones... Have a good weekend!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great trek! And great socks!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

My DH likes to play around with rocks (and stones and sand), too. Looks like a very lovely day. ; )

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home