A View from Sierra County

Small town life and politics, lots of knitting, and travels with and without my five burros

My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Sierra Nevadas, United States

I blog about rural living and social issues, and the creativity that comes from knitting, as well as post random pictures of the Sierras and my burros. "In order to be an artist, one must be deeply rooted in the society" - Simone de Beauvoir


Knittingstephaniesfriendbanner



Saturday, July 01, 2006

Saturday Thunder Sky


This Saturday sky features the thunderheads that are prominent in our mountains in early summer; as the heat cranks up in the valley, mountains block its rise and it mixes with colder air, causing the occasional freak hailstorm I described earlier this week. Taken out the door of my office a few days ago...

Hope you are having a great time this holiday weekend. I finished Trekking Sock #1 and cast on for #2 and also put in several inches on CeCe while watching a three-hour Deadwood marathon last night, and also managed to make it to the annual Firemans' Muster, a popular event each year in our little town.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhh. A Fireman's Muster. Wish I could have gone to that ;-)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

We had a thunder sky in my neck of the woods this evening... The actual storm missed us, but we still had a show overhead.

I've never heard of a fireman's muster... sounds interesting (and traditional).

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous Saturday Sky! I just love it!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home